I originally started experimenting with so popular 3 ingredient banana protein pancakes – banana, protein powder and egg whites. They are not bad but the texture reminds me more of a sweet omelette. After about at least 10 different variations of ingredients I have settled on these oatmeal protein pancakes.
Fluffy enough, not too chewy, sweet in moderation, completely healthy, packed with 5 g of protein and only 43 calories each! Sounds good to me. I usually have 4-5 pancakes and am good till lunch. My favourite toppings are Greek yogurt, maple syrup, agave nectar, raspberry jam or frozen blueberries.
Sometimes I make oatmeal protein pancakes with coconut oil. Yes, it adds more calories but full is of healthy fats.
I literally have to stop right here because I was making burritos for dinner tonight and have cleaned the seeds from the jalapeno pepper with bare hads. Not a good idea, my fingertips are on fire!
Enjoy your pancakes!
Skip agave nectar and vanilla extract if will be using sweet toppings like maple syrup, honey or jam or simply if you don’t have them. I find vanilla adds extra flavour and sweetness without extra calories.
Other toppings: shredded coconut, carob chips or honey.
- 1/3 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup oat flour (use gluten free for GF version)
- 1 scoop (30 g) whey protein powder, vanilla*
- Maple syrup, nuts or berries, for topping (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites using a fork or a whisk. Add yogurt, mix well. Add oat flour, vanilla extract (optional) and agave nectar (optional).
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour the batter depending on a desired size of a pancake (2-3 tbsp for a medium size like on a photo). Cook for a couple minutes until you see the edges turning brown and the batter on top cooking. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve within next 10-15 minutes with desired toppings like 0% Greek yogurt, maple syrup, agave nectar, raspberry jam or frozen blueberries.
*No plant-based protein powder because the recipe won't work.
Servings Per Recipe: 10 medium pancakes
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 0.5 mg
Sodium: 44.8 mg
Total Carbs: 5.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 4.9 g
WW Points+: 1