Mixed baby greens salad with fresh pomegranate arils, roasted pecans, soft goat cheese and zesty green onion. Drizzled with delicious homemade mango dressing. This healthy salad is so colourful, I wanted to call it a Christmas Salad. And I obviously forgot to add green onions.
I made this salad past weekend for an Italian dinner at our friend’s house. It was a hit even among the kids who loved the fruity & sweet mango dressing and my kids love pomegranate.
This baby greens salad is great for get togethers and potlucks (also check out my 40+ healthy potluck recipes) as you can assemble the main ingredients in minutes or ahead, and the dressing stays fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge. I quite enjoy making salad dressings from real herbs and fruits. I also practice adding no or just a bit of oil and water to my salad dressings.
The salad turned out super crunchy and juicy from all that dressing. I will be making it again for the company we have this weekend. I always end up in charge of salads as my girlfriends tell me they can’t think of good combinations. My secret is just use common sense and use what you have. At the end of the day, most veggies and fruits taste great when combined. Can’t go wrong with fresh fragrant produce like in winter fruit kale salad, healthy chef salad and avocado lettuce salad.
- 4 cups mixed baby greens, packed
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 green onion sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mango, chopped (I used frozen)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet on low medium heat, add pecans and roast until they start to brown about 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- In a large bowl or platter, lay baby greens and top with pomegranate arils, pecans, goat cheese and green onion.
- Add Mango Dressing Ingredients to a blender or Magic Bullet and process until smooth. Pour over salad and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 1.25 – 1.5 cup:
Total Fat: 16.7 g
Cholesterol: 6.5 mg
Sodium: 144.3 mg
Total Carbs: 16.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
Sugars: 12.7 g
Protein: 4.8 g
WW Points+: 6