This black bean brownies recipe is THE BEST healthy brownies I ever tried! Well, besides all of my other brownies recipes: healthy pumpkin brownies, no bake black bean brownies, and healthy zucchini brownies (yes, lots of brownies).
I held off making black bean brownies for a while because I knew they wouldn’t have a crust on top like the unhealthy versions. WHO CARES?! We gobbled up the whole pan in 24 hours. Fudgy, moist and with a distinct chocolate flavour. And even sort of with a crust.
To die for black bean brownies recipe! And nobody will ever be able to tell they are made with beans.
How to Make Black Bean Brownies Recipe
Simple black bean brownies begin with pulsing all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
Mix in some chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared square baking dish. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
30 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees F and your brownies are ready.
I have to say that it’s crucial you use parchment paper and let brownies cool before slicing.
These black bean brownies contain a whopping 3 g of fiber and only 11 g of sugar (naturally occuring, for majority).
Easy and healthy treat for the whole family. Brownies are also freezer friendly and stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 15 small or 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted (1/2 cup packed)
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a powerful blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into baking dish, top with 1/4 cup chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing. Cut into 16 squares.
I have to say that it's crucial you use parchment paper and let brownies cool before slicing.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving = 1 brownie:
Total Fat: 4.4 g
Cholesterol: 23.3 mg
Sodium: 87.0 mg
Total Carbs: 18.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
Sugars: 11 g
Protein: 2.8 g
WW Points+: 3