This salad will please the most avid kale hater and doesn’t get soggy for up to 48 hours.
Hands down, this salad is the healthiest, easiest and the most delicious salad I ever made! Crunchy, fresh and screaming “It’s spring time”. No salad can get greener than this one, with no dressing to whisk and fresh garlic aromas. And…and…it doesn’t get soggy for up to 48 hours and maybe more. It means, you can take leftovers to work.
I love making salads and our friends always ask me to bring a salad if we are getting together. They all say it’s hard to come up with a tasty salad and that I’m good at doing just that. What they don’t know is that I absolutely hate making dressings, mainly because of the precise measurements a good salad dressing requires. Not today, haha.
All you have to do is massage kale leaves with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. This helps to soften the kale and distribute flavours evenly. We eat kale every day because of its superfood qualities. Kale is an acquired taste and doesn’t taste bitter if you remove the stalks. Even my kids are used to it now.
You can use any green vegetables you like. Avocado, snap peas, asparagus, or even a granny smith apple would work. Also feel free to squeeze some fresh lime or lemon juice on top.
This salad will please the most avid kale hater and doesn't get soggy for up to 48 hours. You can use any green vegetables you like. Avocado, snap peas, asparagus, or even a granny smith apple would work. Also feel free to squeeze some fresh lime or lemon juice on top.
- 4 cups kale, coarsely chopped & packed
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 long English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup green peas (I used frozen & thawed)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Add kale, olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper to a large salad bowl. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix. Serve cold.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1 + 2/3 cups:
Total Fat: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 366.1 mg
Total Carbs: 14.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
Protein: 4.6 g
WW Points+: 2