Three things are grilled here: peaches, avocado and chicken. Then mixed with nutty quinoa and crunchy kale, sprinkled with feta for a savoury kick. And all of this Grilled Peach Salad is literally swimming in out of this world healthy Peach Ginger Dressing. One of the best salads I ever tasted and made!
And one of the best ideas I ever had for a salad dressing…Sweet, zesty and spicy. We had the salad for dinner with a glass of chilled Moscato sitting on a patio. For dessert: organic grilled figs fresh from our tree, stuffed with walnuts. I’m licking my fingers as I type. Thanks to my Italian neighbours for a dessert idea. Summer, don’t go away!
Last night I went for a 6K walk and was thinking what salad to make today. I love walking, especially on warm summer nights. Peeking through the windows, listening to the birds, kitchen cleanups, TV, cars revving up in the distance and admiring the beautiful mountains.
I just can’t get enough how beautiful BC is! And I just love everything about summer nights. It helps me clear my mind and reset for the next day.
We got another heat wave in Vancouver for a few weeks now. When it’s hot, I love cooking one meal salads. They are easy, keep my house cool and all food groups are covered in one bowl: lean proteins, healthy fats and complex carbs.
And honestly, salads come easy to me. Not like delicate desserts, hence lack of them on the blog. But honestly, I don’t care for them much, therefore no desire ever to learn. But salads, I just love! All of my girlfriends always say they love my salads. I hear it every time anyone comes over. Thank you, I will take that.:)
When I told Alex, after my walk, tomorrow I will be grilling peaches and avocados, he gave me a dirty look. Avocados?! Yes. Seriously, they are delicious once cooked and have a taste similar to an egg yolk and pine nuts. Not weird at all, I promise!
I also grilled peaches and chicken. Just with a little bit of salt and pepper to help bring their natural flavours out. Everything will be coated in that dreamy Peach Ginger Dressing later, so you don’t have to worry about flavouring the ingredients on their own. That’s an advantage of a tasty dressing. I always say anything mixed with mayo or dip fried will taste good. That we are not doing on iFOODreal though.
Enjoy this Grilled Peach Salad! Alex couldn’t stop eating it. It is perfect for a hot summer day and keeps well refrigerated for up to 1 day.
- 2 small peaches, pitted and quartered
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 large boneless & skinless chicken breasts (1.5 lbs)
- 1 + 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked (or 1/2 cup dry cooked per package directions)
- 4 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- In a blender, food processor or Magic Bullet, add Peach Ginger Dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat outdoor/indoor grill or a grill pan on medium - high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle peaches, avocados and chicken with a bit of salt and pepper. Place all on the grill. Grill avocados and peaches on each side for a few minutes or until grill marks appear. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 5-7 minutes per side. Please note, cooking time varies with a grill you use. Remove from the grill and slice chicken into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, kale, grilled peaches/avocados/chicken and pour dressing on top. Gently stir to combine and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve cold.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1 cup:
Total Fat: 16.2 g
Cholesterol: 62.3 mg
Sodium: 773.9 mg
Total Carbs: 28.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.9 g
Protein: 32.5 g
WW Points+: 10