This ground chicken burgers (patties) recipe (also known as cakes and chicken mince burgers) will knock your socks off! And the best part is they are super lean, use minimum ingredients and kids love them. Growing up in Ukraine my grandma made these all the time and we used to say they are like spitz – highly addictive.
Grandma didn’t make her chicken mince patties with chicken breasts but rather with any part of chicken. She fried them with oil and flour. I used no flour. To help patties stay together (I suspect also to stay on a budget) she used bread. I added only 1 slice of organic sprouted whole wheat bread. If you have Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, there are plenty gluten free breads on the market.
My absolute favourite way of eating chicken patties is with whole wheat spaghetti and ketchup (hence, chicken and whole wheat spaghetti recipe was born). They are also taste great cold. My kids love them and I can guarantee yours will too!
This ground chicken patties recipe also makes spicy chicken burger recipe. And, if you are looking for one more amazing chicken dinner idea, may I suggest this 5 star rated baked chicken with peppers?!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless & cut into cubes
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 small onion, cut in chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 slice of sprouted whole grain bread (use gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add chicken and process until ground. Work in batches and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Again in a blender, add egg, onion and garlic. Quickly soak bread in water, squeeze well and add to the blender along with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and add to the bowl with chicken meat. Using your hands, mix well.
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl some oil to coat. Form into balls somewhere between golf and tennis size and flatten into patties.
- Panfry for about 4-5 minutes per side. It is time to flip when white edges appear and patty is brown on the bottom. Please note the second and third batch will take less time to cook as the skillet will be hotter. Serve hot or cold, with a side grain or salad, or try Sweet with Heat Chicken Burger.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving = 1 patty:
Total Fat: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 26.1 mg
Sodium: 79.8 mg
Total Carbs: 0.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 9.1 g
WW Points+: 1