Guacamole salsa is one of the easiest and healthiest appetizers. Fresh tomatoes, diced red onion, freshly chopped cilantro… Adding more veggies will help to lower the fat from avocados, although this kind of fat is good for you! Only 256 calories and 7 WW points+ per 3/4 cup serving.
I figured this guacamole salsa would be enough to share for 4 people. Feel free to add more avocados and other ingredients to taste if serving larger crowd. White or red onion works great. Also if you don’t have jalapeno peppers on hand, that’s fine. Avocados taste amazing even on their own.
I served this dip with Tostitos multigrain scoops and celery sticks. Vegetables are a nice alternative to chips if you are watching carbs and sodium intake. Looking for more healthy dip recipes? Try my Greek yogurt guacamole, avocado chickpea dip, or blueberry strawberry salsa.
- 4 avocados, mashed
- 2 tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To peel tomatoes, add them to a bowl, cover with boiling water & let stand for 5 minutes. They should peel easily now.
- Mash avocados with a fork. Add all remaining ingredients, mix and serve with chips and/or vegetables.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 3/4 cup:
Total Fat: 22.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 11.3 mg
Total Carbs: 16.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 10.6 g
Protein: 3.6 g
WW Points+: 7