Don’t let anyone know these no bake brownies are made with black beans and applesauce, let them try first. I have heard it many times from my readers and friends, they say none of their family or friends can taste black beans and brownies are usually gone in no time.
I made black bean brownies recipe last year and as temperatures kept rising, I thought what if I make no bake brownies version. Oh my, these applesauce brownies are sensational!!! I took them on a hike with a friend and she loved them (despite the fact they got defrosted and too soft). I sent her recipe the same day, she made them and her whole family loved them. Nobody tasted the beans, so try it!
What I love about these brownies the most is the fact they are so guilt free. Made with black beans, dates, applesauce, coconut oil and cacao powder. Really that’s it. And come together in 10 minutes. You store them in a freezer and can enjoy pretty much immediately, no need to thaw long.
Super, super, super good no bake black bean brownies for a hot summer day! Enjoy and I have a bazillion of other brownie recipes: healthy peanut butter brownies, vegan protein brownies, no bake black bean brownies, healthy zucchini brownies and healthy pumpkin brownies.
No Bake Black Bean Brownies
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 13 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt*
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate drizzle on top (optional)**
- In a powerful blender or food processor, process all ingredients (except cacao nibs and drizzle) until very smooth. Add cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips and pulse a few times. Pour into lined with parchment paper 8" x 8" square dish. Level with spatula, drizzle with chocolate (optional) and freeze for at least 3 hours. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
*Might need less for canned beans as I used cooked ones without salt. **Melt a few tbsp of chocolate chips with coconut oil in a microwave.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving = 1 brownie:
Total Fat: 3.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 56.3 mg
Total Carbs: 20.5 g
Sugars: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 2.3 g
WW Points+: 3