How about getting back on a healthy path with these no bake granola muffins recipe?! I mean after the Holidays, hint-hint. Made with only 4 ingredients using Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax and Coconut Chia granolas as the main ingredient. Yes, I couldn’t decide which is best, so tried both and loved both. Full of healthy fats, fibre and Omegas, these 10 minute muffins are filled with all the goodness to nourish you and your family.
I originally was thinking to make granola bars but having gone through total failures with rice krispie bars, I knew granola bars just wouldn’t hold together without a lot of liquid sugar. Which I am not interested in right now plus I can buy organic granola bars no problem. Just some common sense. I definitely pick my battles in the kitchen.
Then I was thinking about making snack bites in a ball shape…And then it hit me – I swear my kids will eat anything muffin shape. Plus muffins are so easy to serve in liners and you keep them frozen for quite a while. Much more economical than refrigerated bites.
Nature’s Path organic granola is perfectly sweet enough for me on its own. We love it with yogurt but having it as a snack on the go hasn’t been done in my house yet. It is full of whole grain rolled oats, Omega rich chia seeds and coconut flakes and is high in fibre.
I mixed granola with more healthy fats: melted coconut oil and peanut butter. And mixed in more healthy fats and Omegas in a form of ground flax seeds. Smoothies and no bake treats are a few ways I can sneak in raw flax seeds into my children’s diet. Kids couldn’t taste flax in this granola muffins recipe and it also acted as a binder.
And optionally you can drizzle granola muffins with melted chocolate chips. Now, that we are talking about our/your healthy path I remember being so restrictive with my diet and exercising like crazy few years back. I was a bit leaner but it felt like a job. It took me a few years to realize that everyone has their own healthy path whatever it is. Just like everyone has her/his own understanding of “healthy” and that is OK.
The other day, I came to pick my little one from daycare and he was polishing off this granola muffin at the table. Doesn’t it warm your heart to see your child enjoying food that is good for him/her?! Definitely melts this mom’s 💚. And at 300 calories, over 20 grams of healthy fats, 5 g fibre and only 5 g sugar this granola muffin is one filling snack! I was surprised when my 5 year old ate it all and I didn’t hear back from him about food for quite some time. You could send it with a small freeze pack in a baggie with your child to school. My oldest one’s snack has to be on-the-go because he eats it outside during a recess.
If you live in the US, use this store locator to find Nature’s Path organic products near you. In Canada, use this list of retailers or find granola in Costco, Loblaws, Whole Foods, and most other major grocery and natural food retailers
- 1 cup any nut or seed butter, smooth (I used PB)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 cups Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax or Coconut Chia granola
- 8 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips, melted
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt nut/seed butter and coconut oil, whisking continuously. Remove form the stove and add granola and flaxseed. Mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups evenly pressing a bit with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with melted chocolate (optional) and freeze for 1 hour. Serve from frozen.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving = 1 muffin:
Total Fat: 25.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 50.0 mg
Total Carbs: 22.4 g
Sugars: 5 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
Protein: 9.7 g
WW Points+: 9
Now, onto the giveaway. In order to celebrate New Year and your own path to health and well being, Nature’s Path was kind enough to offer a Giveaway to iFOODreal’s readers:
- Assortment of Nature’s Path delicious organic & non-GMO granolas including Nature’s Path Coconut Chia Granola
- Free product vouchers
- Nature’s Path premium water bottle
- Printed copy of the new Nature’s Path 7 Days of Healthy Recipes & Lifestyle Tips Ebook
Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents and runs until February 8th, 2016.
PLUS there is a grand prize: WIN ORGANIC GRANOLA FOR A YEAR*
How to enter: Getting back on a healthy path? Going back to school? Starting a new business? Getting back into yoga? Trying a plant-based diet? We want to know! Tell us what’s on your path for 2016 by posting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using both hashtags: #OnMyPath and #GranolaForAYear.
Prize includes everything you need to get back on a healthy path including:
- Nature’s Path granola and organic breakfast foods for a year
- DIY Vegan, by Nicole Axworthy & Lisa Pitman – recipe book including more than 100 ways to create an awesome plant-based pantry
- Un-Junk Your Diet by Desiree Nielsen, R.D. – how to shop, cook and eat to feel better forever
*Prize will ship on or after March 1, 2016. Grand prize contest closes February 28, 2016.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I recommend only products I love, tried myself and fit Clean Eating lifestyle.