These no bake protein cookies are a real deal! Sweetened with only 4 dates per whole batch, they curb the sweet tooth craving without ruining your waistline. My cravings are the worst at night, after dinner or in the afternoon. I’m sure you can relate.:)
I first made these no bake protein cookies into protein balls. Then a thought of holding an actual cookie that is chewy, crunchy and chocolatey wouldn’t leave me. So, I turned my balls (sounds weird, I know) into cookies and they were to die for! Without guilt!
The recipe literally takes 15 minutes to make and then just let cookies harden in the fridge for about an hour. You can use any of your favourite protein powder. It doesn’t even have to be chocolate. It has to be naturally sweetened for the best results. I used plant-based Orgain creamy chocolate fudge.
If you are on a really strict nutrition and watching macros, feel free to skip the peanuts. Also you can use any nuts or seeds. Also if you have time, it would be great to melt some chocolate chips and drizzle on top.
No Bake Protein Cookies
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats
- for GF version)
- 2 cups plant-based protein powder (I used chocolate Orgain)
- 1/3 cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp warm water
- Line large baking sheet or a cooling rack with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, protein powder and peanuts.
- In a powerful blender, Magic Bullet or food processor, process until smooth peanut butter, coconut oil, dates and water. Pour into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix until combined. The batter will be quite thick. If you still see dry patches, add water by a tablespoon and keep mixing.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon or a small scoop, roll into golf size balls and flatten with your hands. Place on a prepared baking sheet and repeat this step until you run out of dough. Refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour and enjoy cold.
Servings Per Recipe: 15
Amount Per Serving = 1 cookie:
Total Fat: 8.8 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 0.0 mg
Total Carbs: 12.3 g
Sugars: 3.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
Protein: 9.4 g
WW Points+: 4