Cream…cream…cream…This cream is super tasty and good for you! Vegan, vegetarian and completely raw cream.
Combine it with juicy raspberries, superfood chia seeds and some almond milk, you get this Raw Raspberries & Cream Chia Pudding.
The morning after I made this chia pudding, I got a text from Alex. And Alex texts me every morning after leaving to work. Usually it’s “Morning, babe. How are you?”. But that morning it was a different text…
To die for?! Huh?! Bingo. Score. Got it. Going up on the blog.
If you have never tried chia then you are missing out on a huuuuuuuge superfood BIG time! Run to the nearest Costco or grocery store and grab the biggest bag of these cute little guys, that are not as innocent as they look.
Chia seeds are full of dietary fiber, complete protein, contain more Omega 3 than salmon and antioxidants power higher than blueberries. And it’s highly non-perishable, fairly affordable because you don’t need much and so versatile. Heard it before?! I won’s stop repeating myself because it’s THE stuff!
I’m not a vegan, vegetarian or gluten free girl. And probably will never be any of that. I love to mix. And like any human I go through phases. Don’t you?!
But this “to die for pudding” along with chia green smoothie made me thinking to do the switch…or not.:)
As Vancouver’s weather gets warmer in July, my backyard quickly fills up with these guys. Perfect for sending kids down for a snack and pick some for my pudding.
I love the taste and the low maintenance point of raspberries but the fact that they sprout all over my backyard drives me n-u-t-s. Cashew nuts? Cause that’s what the cream is made of. Some ground up cashews in Magic Bullet to a paste like consistency. Just smooth is enough, not like butter.
Ever tried cashews? If not run again to the nearest food store, grab raw and unsalted cashews and go nuts as cashews contain 75% less fat than many other nuts, protect your heart and maintain your bones. And trust me, you won’t miss any dairy cream. Who says? Me says. Me – Greek yogurt lover girl.
The calorie count is based on 3 servings because I found it’s too much to split the dish in half and too small to split in 4. My advice – divide it into 3 servings and go from there.
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp stevia extract or to taste
- In a Magic Bullet or small food processor, add cashews and process until smooth paste like consistency. Transfer into a medium glass bowl/container with a lid.
- Add raspberries and mash with a fork just a little bit to release the juice and flavour.
- Add almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract and stevia to the bowl/container and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Stir and serve chilled. Optional: add extra raspberries, chia seeds or cashews on top.
Servings Per Recipe: 3
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12.9 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 122.0 mg
Total Carbs: 17.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.1 g
Sugars: 2.3 g
Protein: 6.4 g
WW Points+: 5