I love one meal salads. This Thai Chicken, Kale & Mango Salad is one of them. Traditional Thai flavours meet superfood – kale.
Raw kale, fresh mango, lean chicken breast & roasted unsalted peanuts drizzled with Lime Chili Vinaigrette, make this salad a complete healthy meal. Only 324 calories and 8 WW points+ for 2 cups.
This is the type of salad that tastes even better after the ingredients sit together and marinate. They kind of merry each other.:)
Kale is in season now and easy to find. I was lucky enough to pay only $1.50 for a bunch of organic Italian kale. It’s rich dark green colour and the leaves are soft.
There is also light green and more curly variety of kale. I prefer the first one because it’s softer and has bright and deep colour.
You can use any kind of cooked chicken. Leftover roasted chicken would work great. I cooked 6 chicken breasts in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Handy to keep in the fridge.
Also if you don’t have basil, it’s fine.
- 1 bunch or 10 leaves of kale, teared or cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 10 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet red chili sauce (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, unsalted & warm
- In a large bowl add all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk all ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the salad ingredients, mix gently to combine and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 = 8 cups
Amount Per 1 Serving = 2 cups:
Total Fat: 16.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 828.1 mg
Total Carbs: 26.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
Protein: 24.0 g
WW Points+: 8