Hola! I’m back from Mexico City and will share my trip as soon as we return from San Juan Islands, WA, the trip I will have to share too (can you tell that I think “life is short”?!). Like after any vacation, I was craving my homemade food, and now with both of us working from home I am very intentional about meal prepping. Yes, I did meal prep (which is on the list to share too) and this Thai chicken salad recipe was a huge part of it and a huge hit! We served it 3 days in a row with quinoa, in a sandwich on sprouted whole wheat bread, and by the spoon with tortilla chips while sipping on whiskey. Lots of things are happening and I present you this colourful salad video.
I’m not a fan of traditional chicken salad, however I can eat it non-stop this way – moderately creamy with Greek yogurt, bulked up with cabbage and peppers, flavoured with fresh herbs, roasted peanuts, rice vinegar and a moderate amount of red pepper flakes. Yes, I can eat my Thai chicken salad every other week! It’s not spicy for kids, so made a few school lunches as well.
Have a great weekend!:)
How to Make Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted & unsalted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp [salt|salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients listed in the order above and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Serve cold with quinoa or in a healthy sandwich with sprouted whole wheat bread.