You know me, I cook healthy and make my own sauces. Sometimes I use a store-bought sauce and today is the day!:)
Meet WORLDFOODS Fusion of Flavours – an international producer of 51 asian sauces that are all natural, gluten free, dairy free. No artificial ingredients, preservatives, GMOs or food flavor enhancers. Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and celiacs.
And guess what?! WORLDFOODS is generously giving away 2 readers of my blog a set of 8 sauces/marinades each.
When I was approached by WORLDFOODS to do a product review, I gladly accepted the opportunity as the products are totally up my alley. I use sauces very rarely but when I use one, it has to meet Olena’s standards. WORLDFOODS passed the test!
I tried all of them and were they ever fresh! For a nearest location near you click here.
To make this Thai Tofu and Egg Whites Scramble recipe, I chose Turmeric Lemon Grass Thai Marinade & Stir-fry.
This dish is gluten free, vegetarian and could be vegan if you replace egg whites with medium firm tofu.
Only 134 calories and 3 WW points+ per portion. Super simple dish and perfect for Meatless Mondays. Tofu is high in protein and by adding egg whites, you boost the protein content even more.
I will never get tired of mentioning – buy only organic tofu! It’s like leafy greens. It’s not the food to save money on. In the long run you will not win. Organic tofu costs approximately the same as regular one but is so much better for you. Costco sells a 3 pack for $8.
I used 2 packages of tofu and it was enough for dinner of 4-5 people. It’s better to make more and have leftovers. You can refrigerate this dish for up to 2 days.
I usually make tofu and egg whites with soy sauce but since I had this wonderful Thai marinade, I thought why not?!
I loved the consistency of the sauce – not too thick, not too runny. In the beginning, when I added the sauce to the skillet along with tofu, I thought it was too runny. But nope. Within 10 minutes, the tantalizing sweet sauce thickened and created a nice golden brown crust on the tofu cubes. And my house got filled with a sweet lemony smell.
The sauce is very mild and you don’t need much to get a flavourful dish. If you are really watching your sugar and sodium intake, a little bit of the sauce goes a long way. I added only 1/2 cup and it was enough.
So, I hope you enjoy the recipe and read below for the Giveaway entry rules.
There will be 2 winners and each winner will receive 1 set of 8 sauces/marinades pictured below.
The giveaway is now closed. 2 winners have been notified by email.
The giveaway starts on May 20th, 2013 and ends on May 27th, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST. 2 winners will receive 1 set of 8 sauces/marinades each. The giveaway is open to the residents of Canada only. 2 winners will be chosen randomly on May 28th, 2013 via random.org and notified by e-mail the same day. The winners will have to reply to my email within 48 hours otherwise new winners will be chosen.
You may enter the giveaway by choosing up to 5 entry methods (If I were you, I would do all 5:)):
1. Like WORLFOODS Facebook page and leave a comment below that you did.
2. Like iFOODreal Facebook page and leave a comment below that you did.
3. Tweet the following message on Twitter: Enter to Win WORLDFOODS All Natural Asian Flavours Giveaway via @ifoodreal http://bit.ly/10R3PFA @fusiontasteteam #giveaway #asian and leave a comment with a link to your tweet.
4. Share this blog post on your Facebook page and leave a comment below that you did.
5. Pin this Giveaway on Pinterest and leave a comment with a link to your pin.
Disclosure: I received one or more of the above mentioned products for review. I recommend products only that I like that’s why I’m sharing my experience with you today. I have not received any monetary compensation for the review of this product. All opinions are my honest opinions based on my personal experience.
- 2 packages of extra firm tofu (350 g each), cubed
- 1/2 cup Turmeric Lemongrass Thai Marinade
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Pat dry tofu with paper towel, cut into cubes approximately 1" x 1" size and place in a medium size bowl. Add 1/4 cup Turmeric Lemongrass Thai Marinade, mix gently just enough to coat each tofu cube and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high, spray with cooking spray and add tofu. Make sure to scrape all the marinade off the walls of the bowl and add to the skillet. Panfry until all sides have golden brown crust, for about 10 mins. There will be a lot of sauce in the beginning but it will stick to the tofu.
- Reduce heat to medium, add egg whites to the skillet and panfry until egg whites are ready stirring continuously. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of the marinade and mix gently. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve warm. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 3.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 649.0 mg
Total Carbs: 10.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 16.1 g
WW Points+: 3