In September, I’m heading down to LA for 5 days to attend a ShiftCon conference where all health, wellness and environment conscious bloggers and brands unite. I’m bringing Alex with me too so he doesn’t starve to death at home and feed the boys 10 lbs of pasta. Kids will be staying with a nanny and friends. It is our first time going away solo since 2009. Crazy, huh?! Reality with little children. I think we deserve a break…
Anyways, a few weeks ago I learnt about Thrive Market in one of ShiftCon’s newsletter emails. Have you heard of it yet?
- Is an online store with more than 4,000 health and wellness products that are either organic or non-GMO offered at wholesale prices, 25 – 50% below retail prices.
- Sells best selling products like Weleda, Dr. Bronner’s, Spectrum Naturals, Garden of Eatin’, Bob’s Red Mill, Nature’s Path, Eden Foods, Annie’s Homegrown, Earth’s Best, Seventh Generation, Garden of Life, Jason Naturals and many more of the highest-quality premium brands and products to everyone at wholesale prices.
- Offers FREE shipping on orders over $49.
- Gives you $25 OFF your first purchase order.
- Costs less than $5 per month to be a member ($59 annual fee) with 30 day FREE trial which starts with your first purchase – like at Costco if you shop regularly and buy in bulk then it makes total sense. Cancel anytime!
- Matches every paid membership with a free membership for a low-income American family.
So, of course I quickly signed up and spent $138. Here is what I got and I honestly couldn’t believe the prices. It made total sense to stock up and buy in bulk. Amazon prices couldn’t compete for many of the items, especially food and personal hygiene items. I found Thrive Market prices rocked! Obviously, my orders will be different each time depending what runs low. I am making a list of items I run out of that make economical sense to buy at Thrive Market, add to my phone and will order in bulk.
- Rumford Aluminum Free Baking Powder – I go through this stuff quickly as I make a lot of muffins for boys. Their favourite snack!
- Organicville Sky Valley Sriracha Sauce (Organic) – this stuff tastes just like a store-bought with a Rooster logo and green cap sriracha sauce. Just no preservatives and it is organic.
- Coconut Milk (Organic) – ridiculous price.
- Bob’s Red Mill Corn Grits (Organic) – I finally found reasonably priced corn grits and will be either making a polenta or Shrimp Grits. Haven’t made one or the other ever or for ages.
- Mediterranean Organic Wild Capers (Organic) – great price.
- Yum Earth Organics Lollipops (Organic) – my kids eat sugar but I prefer organic cane sugar or juice.
- Yum Earth Organics Gummy Bears (Organic Juice) – yes, and gummy bears too. Again, higher quality and it is a treat. I’m normal.
- Surf Sweets Jelly Beans (Organic) – my boys love these naturally coloured with fruit juices jelly beans.
- Enjoy Life Mega Chunks (Non-GMO) – ridiculous price compared to any retail store and they arrived with ice packs (smart).
- Arrowhead Barley (Organic) (not pictured) – finally I’m making beef and barley soup that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- Selina Naturally Celtic Salt (not pictured) – great salt with many health benefits.
- Dandies Marshmallows (Non-GMO) – these are more delicious than regular marshmallows. Mine arrived a bit melted and I let TM peeps know. It was very hot.
- New Chapter Every Man’s One Daily Multivitamin (Organic) – the best quality vitamins I was able to find with many organic ingredients. I’m still on a fence with the whole vitamin intake but Alex thinks they make him younger. Let it be at $30.
- Avalon Organics Toner (Organic) – this is fantastic face cleanser with an orange smell. It is alcohol free and I use it to remove extra oils and dirt after washing my face. Especially in summer my skin gets oily and then pores get clogged.
- Kiss My Face Deodorant – I tried it and it is my second favourite now.
- Every Man Jack Deodorant Sandalwood – Alex loves it! He says it works amazing and smells even better. Costs $10 at the store.
- Jason Deodorant TeaTree – Alex’s favourite. I like this brand for soaps, toothpaste etc. Not bad for the price.
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap (Organic) – OK, this is THE BEST organic soap EVER!!! Discovered it by accident at HomeSense and decided to try. It was weird looking but organic. You gotta dilute it and it has over a million uses! Read the label. Dr.Bronner says you can use it for dishes, dog’s hair, floor, shaving etc. It is made of pure oils. And the price is AH-mazing!!!
- Dr. Bronner’s Toothpaste (Organic) – love his toothpaste too! Very simple stuff and it works!
- Tom’s Children’s Toothpaste – my kids like it and I like that it is fluoride free. Might be not the best but good enough for us.
- Everyone Soap: Coconut Lemon & Cedar Citrus – ridiculously priced soap that is a body wash, bubble bath and shampoo at once. Smells amazing, lasts forever and I like no harmful chemicals on my kids’ skin.
- EO Deodorant Spray Lavender (Organic) – OK, this is my favourite deodorant! It contains alcohol and is in a form of a spray. Works the best for me. I understand we might appear as one stinky family but honestly between 2 of us working out and a 9 year old constantly playing sports (he already smells!) we go through deodorants fast. Plus it has been one hot summer here LOL.
Now, you have a chance to win $1,000 Shopping Spree at Thrive Market by just providing your email when signing up for a free 30 day trial. Hurry, Giveaway ends on Aug 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST. Enter to win here!
Ready for Back to School yet?
Well, I am for sure. I mean my oldest one has to go to school soon. I can handle only so many more days LOL. Look through Lunch Staples and Back to School at Thrive Market for some good deals on snacks, bottles, lunch bags and other essentials.
You can also shop by your Values:
So, what do you think of Thrive Market?