Hi guys. I finally got time to post this whey protein cookie recipe instead of teasing everyone with iPhone photos. Super quick and easy protein powder cookie recipe made with America’s all times favourite peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Here is a shocking fact: I have never seen, smelled or tasted peanut butter until 2010. I know, shocking! More shocking facts: I have never seen chocolate chips until 2001 either. Now we are best friends! I buy peanut butter in bulk. Only organic or all natural and unsalted is a must! No Skippy. Literally, skip the Skippy.My favourite peanut butter is Trader Joe’s or the one from Canadian Costco. It’s all natural and super creamy. Sells for $9 and you get 2 jars x 1 L each. Hello, it’s Costco. I somehow end up with 3 L jar of banana peppers and $450 bill when I leave it 30 minutes later. Magic…Yesterday I ended up with a box of some yogurt cereal, 3 salamis and these famous banana pickles I had no idea I bought. I had 2 kids with me…no need to explain more.
Going back to the protein chocolate chip cookie recipe. I love these!!! Only 88 calories each, 2 WW points, super moist, have distinct peanut butter taste, naturally sweet. And so easy. And great for freezing.
Sorry, the photo doesn’t do these whey protein cookies justice. I borrowed a macro lens from my friend for a day and obviously didn’t know how to work it properly back then. Live and learn.:)
I literally made 3 batches of these high protein cookies on Friday. Me and the kids ate the first batch right away. There was none left for Alex. I mean, he is at work, we are baking and eating cookies all day, leaving none for him. Um… So I made 2 more batches and froze some. It worked out perfect!
I recommend using only unflavoured and unsweetened protein powder. To make these cookies I used President’s Choice Whey Protein powder. You can buy it for $30 at the Real Canadian Superstore.
This recipe makes great pre- and post-workout snack. It is also a great playground and shopping trip snack.:)
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 scoops (60g) whey protein powder, unflavoured & unsweetened
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, unsalted & softened
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together adding chocolate chips the last. The batter consistency depends on how ripe are your bananas. It's OK if it's runny.
- Spoon mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the cooling rack.
- Store in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks or freeze in an air tight container for up to a month. The best way to defrost them is in a microwave. That way the moisture and softness is restored.
Servings Per Recipe: 12 cookies
Amount Per Serving = 1 Cookie:
Total carbs: 11.2
Dietary fiber: 1.5
Sodium: 48.1 mg
Weight Watchers Points+: 2
Weight Watchers Old Points: 2