Hi guys. I finally got time to post this whey protein cookie recipe instead of teasing everyone with iPhone photos on my Facebook and Instagram.:) Super quick and easy protein powder cookie recipe made with America’s all times favourite peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Here is a shocking fact: I have never seen, smelled or tasted peanut butter until 2010. I know, shocking!More shocking facts: I have never seen chocolate chips until 2001 either. Now we are best friends! I buy peanut butter in bulk. Only organic or all natural and unsalted is a must! No Skippy. Literally, skip the Skippy.My favourite peanut butter is Trader Joe’s or the one from Canadian Costco. It’s all natural and super creamy. Sells for $9 and you get 2 jars x 1 L each. Hello, it’s Costco. It’s on my Instagram. I somehow end up with 3 L jar of banana peppers and $450 bill when I leave it 30 minutes later. Magic…Yesterday I ended up with a box of some yogurt cereal, 3 salamis and these famous banana pickles I had no idea I bought. I had 2 kids with me…no need to explain more.
Going back to the protein chocolate chip cookie recipe. I love these!!! Only 88 calories each, 2 WW points, super moist, have distinct peanut butter taste, naturally sweet. And so easy. And great for freezing.
Sorry, the photo doesn’t do these whey protein cookies justice. I borrowed a macro lens from my friend for a day and obviously didn’t know how to work it properly back then. Live and learn.:)
I literally made 3 batches of these high protein cookies on Friday. Me and the kids ate the first batch right away. There was none left for Alex. I mean, he is at work, we are baking and eating cookies all day, leaving none for him. Um… So I made 2 more batches and froze some. It worked out perfect!
I recommend using only uflavoured and unsweetened protein powder. To make these cookies I used President’s Choice Whey Protein powder. You can buy it for $30 at the Real Canadian Superstore.
This recipe makes great pre- and post-workout snack. It is also a great playground and shopping trip snack.:)
You might also like these Double Chocolate Protein Cookies.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 scoops (60g) whey protein powder, unflavoured & unsweetened
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, unsalted & softened
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together adding chocolate chips the last. The batter consistency depends on how ripe are your bananas. It's OK if it's runny.
- Spoon mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the cooling rack.
- Store in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks or freeze in an air tight container for up to a month. The best way to defrost them is in a microwave. That way the moisture and softness is restored.
Servings Per Recipe: 12 cookies
Amount Per Serving = 1 Cookie:
Total carbs: 11.2
Dietary fiber: 1.5
Sodium: 48.1 mg
Weight Watchers Points+: 2
Weight Watchers Old Points: 2