Healthy, Easy and THE BEST Flourless Black Bean Brownies with dates instead of sugar. You can basically have them for breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: North American
- 14 oz can low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 15 small or 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted (1/2 cup packed)
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a powerful blender or food processor add ingredients in the following order: eggs, applesauce, black beans, cacao powder, coffee, vanilla, baking soda, salt and dates; then process until smooth. Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into baking dish, top with 1/4 cup chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing. Cut into 16 squares.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
I have to say that it’s crucial you use parchment paper and let brownies cool before slicing.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.