Black Bean Salsa is fresh, crispy and delicious. It is the best of both worlds – your pantry and in season summer produce. You can make it any time!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 14 oz can low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed*
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 English long cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles or 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2–3 limes, juice of
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 – 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, add black beans, corn, tomato, cucumber, red onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno or green chiles, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Or pile up on top of grilled chicken, fish, salmon, pork and tacos.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.