Brown Rice and Quinoa Salad Recipe with red cabbage, spinach, wild rice, almonds and peas tossed with healthy homemade Thai dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Sweet Chili Dressing:
- 1 cup wild and brown rice, cooked (only brown rice is OK)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb red or white cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup peas or shelled edamame
- 3 large green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 – 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup almonds (optionally toasted)*
- Pea shoots (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk Sweet Chili Dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add Salad ingredients, pour dressing over and gently toss to combine.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days. For longer life, add spinach and pea shoots at time of serving.
*To toast almonds, cook in a small skillet on low – medium until lightly golden, stirring frequently.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.