Tired of eggs and oats for breakfast? Try this Healthy Brown Rice Pudding Recipe for a week of easy breakfasts made with brown rice, almond milk, chia seeds, raisins, frozen fruit, maple syrup and Greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 1 cup jasmine brown rice*
- 6 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided**
- 2 tbsp butter, salted***
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups frozen berries (cherries, blueberries, chopped strawberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (2% or higher)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- Rinse rice with cold water really well, until water is clear; drain. In a medium pot, combine rice, 4 cups of milk, butter and vanilla extract. Cover and bring to a boil (don’t walk away so milk doesn’t run away). Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 40 minutes or until rice is soft and tender, stirring a few times and making sure rice is not burning (good pots really help).
- Remove form heat and add 2 cups of milk, raisins and chia seeds. Stir and let the pudding set for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and add berries, Greek yogurt and maple syrup, stir gently. Adjust anything to taste and enjoy this best healthy brown rice pudding for breakfast or a snack.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days.
Adapted from this recipe. *I used jasmine but basmati or long grain brown rice would work. You can use short grain but consistency will be more mushy. **Any milk from a carton would work. I think coconut, rice or cashew milk would be amazing. ***If using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.