Hungry and lazy? Make my Healthy Canned Salmon Salad crunchy bell peppers, creamy avocado and tangy capers. It’s my go-to when I’m tired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 1 package (10 oz) carrot matchsticks*
- 3 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 oz jar capers, drained**
- 2 cans (8 oz each) wild salmon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 large avocados, diced
- In a large mixing bowl, add carrots, bell peppers and capers. Mash salmon a bit with a fork inside the can and add to the salad.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, mayo, Greek yogurt and gently toss to coat. Add avocado and give a few more stirs. Serve cold.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
*A few cups of coarsely shredded carrots would work. **Use any pickled goodies like asparagus, beans, olives etc.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.