Chicken Burger Recipe with juicy chicken patties like my Ukrainian grandma used to make. Grill into a burger or pan fry as small patties and serve naked with quinoa and salad. No matter what you do, it’s THE BEST chicken burgers.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add chicken and process until ground. Work in batches and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Return blender to its base, add egg, onion and garlic.
- Quickly soak bread in water, squeeze well and add to the blender along with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and add to the bowl with ground chicken meat. Using your hands, mix well.
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet or grill on medium heat and swirl some oil to coat (spray the grill).
- Form into a ball size of a tennis ball for a burger or somewhere between golf and tennis size for “naked” patty, then flatten.
- Pan fry or grill for about 4-5 minutes per side (grills vary). It is time to flip when white edges appear and patty is brown on the bottom. Please note that second and third batches will take less time to cook as the skillet (grill) will be hotter.
- Serve hot assembled in a burger or with a side grain + salad. They also taste very good cold and pictured sauce is prepared mustard.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Place patties in a hot skillet with a splash of water, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. You can do the same with frozen, just will take twice longer.
Freeze Uncooked: Lay patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze completely and transfer to a large Ziploc bag. Cook from frozen following recipe’s instructions + 5 minutes.