Super easy and healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe meal prep style. With quinoa, lettuce, store bought salsa, and taco seasoned chicken breast, corn and black beans. Meal prep shouldn’t take a day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cutlets, boneless and skinless
- 2 1/2 tsp taco seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Salsa, Greek yogurt, cilantro and lime, for garnish
- Avocado oil
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions.
- In the meanwhile, preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl a bit of oil to coat. Add chicken cutlets (they will fit tight), sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp taco seasoning; and cook for 5-7 minutes or until sides turn white and bottom is nicely browned. Flip, sprinkle with another 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp taco seasoning, and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board to cool off.
- Return skillet to medium heat, swirl a bit of oil to coat and add beans, corn, 1 1/2 tsp taco seasoning and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork, slice chicken, shred lettuce. In 4 plastic or glass meal prep containers, assemble chicken burrito bowls by adding desired amount of quinoa to one side, lettuce on the other side, chicken (on top of lettuce), bean and corn mixture, a dollop of salsa and other desired garnishes. I didn’t add guacamole because it wouldn’t refrigerate well but you can do so right before serving (if you wish).
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
I like to cook 2 cups of quinoa (dry) so we have leftovers. About avocado, see for yourself if you have time to maybe add diced avocado, use store-bought guacamole cups or make guacamole the day of eating.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.