Cilantro Coconut Brown Rice is a refreshing wholesome side dish recipe for your fish or chicken. Flavourful brown rice recipe with full fat coconut milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp (160 ml) canned coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Rinse and drain rice under cold water. Add to a medium pot along with remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to the lowest and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool uncovered for about 5 minutes. Add cilantro and gently stir. Serve warm or hot.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.