- To make marinade: In a food processor/blender, combine coconut milk, lime juice, onion, cilantro, salt and jalapeno pepper until smooth mixture is formed.
- Place chicken in a large bowl or any container that can be covered.
- Pour marinade over chicken, stir with tongs, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (but no more than 24 hours).
- To grill chicken thighs: Preheat the grill on high, then reduce to low-medium. Rub the grill with an oiled paper towel.
- Place chicken skin side down on the grill, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. If the fat is burning too much, reduce the heat to low.
- Turn the chicken over, close the lid and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until internal read thermometer inserted in the thickest part has reached 165 degrees F.
- Serve warm with cucumber salad, corn avocado salad or mango black bean salad.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Make ahead: Chicken can be marinated for a maximum of 24 hours.
For Reheating: In a skillet, add a splash of water or broth and chicken thighs. Cook chicken covered on low for ~5 minutes.