Corn Avocado Salad with fresh or frozen corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado and a hint of lime is a perfect summer salad. Tasty, refreshing and so easy, it will disappear fast at any gathering!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill or Stove + Chop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 ears of corn (2 cups corn kernels)
- 1 lb mini cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 lb grape/cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or regular size, chopped
- 3 medium-large avocados, cubed
- 3 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice of
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Grill corn: Remove corn from the husk and grill on medium heat for 20 mins or so, turning every 5 mins.
- Or make Instant Pot corn – so easy!!!
- Or microwave corn: Remove the end and microwave with husk on for 4 minutes. After you can pick it up by the end and it will slide out of the husk.
- Frozen corn: Place in a colander and run under warm water for 1 minute, then drain.
- To remove cooked corn kernels off the cob, hold cob vertically with narrow tip down on a cutting board and using a chef’s knife cut them off in “stripes”.
- In a large salad bowl, add corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado, green onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sir gently and serve cold with chicken, salmon or shrimp.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 1 day.
Make Ahead: Add all ingredients, except avocado, to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add diced avocado and stir right before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.