Creamy Cucumber Salad is fresh, crunchy and creamy with cucumbers, dill, yogurt or sour cream. 10 minute salad my grandma made in Ukraine during summer. Also quick and affordable year round.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: North American
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt; at least 2%
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, dill, yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Stir gently with a metal spoon until well combined.
- Let the salad stand for 10 mins in the fridge.
- This Creamy Cucumber salad is best consumed within 2-3 hours.
Make ahead: Keep chopped ingredients (without salt) covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hrs. Add yogurt and salt, then stir before serving.
- Grandma always used sour cream – we didn’t have yogurt.
- Add thinly sliced red onion.
- Replace half of cucumber with sliced tomatoes.
- Parsley, chives or green onion instead of dill.
- Add a splash of vinegar or sugar for more traditional North American recipe.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of mayo.
- Seeds English cucumber for less watery salad.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.