Easiest Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe is true 10 hour healthy slow cooker dinner with whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce and spices. Kids will love it!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 8 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dried oregano or basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3.5 lbs chicken thighs, skinless (bone in or out)*
- 10 oz spaghetti, whole wheat
- 1/3 cup parsley, dill or scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- In large slow cooker, add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, water, oregano, salt, black pepper and stir. Add chicken and make sure it’s covered with sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred into pieces using 2 forks, discarding bones if necessary. Switch slow cooker to High and place chicken back.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and let the bottom part of pasta soften for a few minutes. Then you can push it all in the slow cooker. Alternatively, you could brake noodles in half to fit all in right away. Give a few stirs to separate the noodles and mix with sauce. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes (less amount for GF pasta, especially brown rice) or until pasta is cooked. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese, serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 – 4 months.
*Chicken breasts would work too.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.