Classic Ukrainian salad that is so tasty, easy, dirt cheap and you will never tire of it. It’s that good!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Ukrainian
- 2 medium large English or 1 lb pickle cucumbers, chopped
- 4 medium or 1 lb grape/cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Vinegar, to taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and stir gently.
- Best served immediately, however salad stays crunchy for up to 24 hours.
Store: Refrigerate cucumber and tomato salad for up to 24 hours (Pyrex bowls with lids love forever).
Make Ahead: Refrigerate all vegetables in a bowl covered. Then add oils, salt and pepper right before serving (as soon as you add salt – salad “leaks”).
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.