Our American friends celebrate Thanksgiving next week and I thought this fall quinoa salad with apples, cranberries, pecans & maple basil dressing would be perfect for their table. And for the rest of the world (OK, Americans too) it would be great for Christmas celebrations.
When it comes to cooking quinoa, you don’t have to ask me twice. It is ready in 10 minutes, is full of complete protein and other nutrients, and kids love it!
This quinoa salad with cranberries turned out nutty and crunchy, and of course sweet. And maple basil dressing was incredible! Basil combined with the sweetness of apple, dried cranberries and maple syrup is OMG goooood. We devoured this fall quinoa salad for dinner. I imagine it would pair well with any poultry (baked dijon chicken). And almost forgot to mention, it is vegan, gluten free, wheat free, GMO free, dairy free. Did I miss anything?:) Enjoy!
Fall Quinoa Salad
Fall Quinoa Salad Recipe with apples, cranberries, pecans, sun dried tomatoes and maple basil dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, dry (uncooked)
- 1/2 large Red Delicious apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened or sweetened
For the Maple Basil Dressing:
- Cook quinoa al dente. I like firm quinoa for salads, so I undercook it by 3 minutes and use ratio of 1 cup quinoa: 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes. Fluff with a fork. Or you can cook it as per package instructions. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining Salad Ingredients to a bowl with quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Maple Basil Dressing Ingredients and pour over salad. Mix gently just enough to combine. Serve warm or cold. Pairs well with chicken and pork, or on it’s own.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.