These sweet gluten-free crackers use just two ingredients for crispy or chewy (it’s up to you!) crackers with no added sugars! Once prepared, enjoy them alone as a snack or alongside other dishes like sweet dips, yogurt, and chia pudding!
The idea of making chewy and/or crispy gluten-free crackers recipe that are naturally sweetened and without wheat flour or a gazillion of gluten-free ingredients is mind-blowing. The crackers do taste sweet but not overly sweet.
Their crispiness depends on how long you bake them for, I mean to what burnt stage you are willing to go. I love these burnt ends, that was not an accident. And who doesn’t?! Crispiness also depends on the humidity where you live. But overall, these gluten-free crackers are amazing, I swear!
2 ingredients is all you need – yellow, not even over ripen bananas, and rolled oats. I do not count a pinch of salt as an ingredient because seriously?! Clearly, I didn’t care to use gluten-free oats but you can if you care or have to.
I recommend rolled (old fashioned) oats vs quick oats because their nutrition is higher and they produce chewier crackers.
Banana is one of my favorite ingredients to add to healthy bakes, too. It adds natural sweetness and texture to so many recipes like this coconut oil fudge, healthy banana muffins, no-bake peanut butter pie, and healthy oatmeal muffins!
How to Make Gluten Free Crackers
Other Healthy Banana Dessert Recipes
- Healthy banana bread
- Banana zucchini muffins
- Whole wheat strawberry and banana protein muffins
- Coconut flour banana bread
- Almond flour banana muffins
- Banana chia pudding
Gluten Free Crackers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork really well. Add oats and stir to combine. Transfer onto prepared baking sheet and using spatula spread the dough in a thin layer. Take your time and make nice thin layer without gaps and holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden edges and brown spots appear. Ovens and baking sheets vary. I used dark colour sheet, it might take longer in aluminum sheet. Just watch your crackers after 17 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully peel of the parchment paper and place baked cracker crust on a cutting board. Using pizza cutter cut into desired crackers shape and size and place back on a baking sheet, crowding a bit is OK. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until crispy.
Store: Store on a larger platter in a cool dark place uncovered. This way crackers stay crispy.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.