Juicy and hearty Greek salad is my go-to in summer, entertaining and quick dinner with pita and hummus. So easy, fresh and healthy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1 Romaine heart, chopped
- 6 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 long English cucumber, sliced in half moons
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- Red onion, sliced and amount to taste
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp olive juice from the jar or 1 tbsp vinegar (lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, onion, olives and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and olive jar juice; then sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently and slowly to distribute spices evenly and keep this large amazing salad in a bowl.
- Serve within 1 hour of combining all ingredients.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 12 hours. Salad stays crispy for the evening, after – less. Don’t add lettuce for crispy salad leftovers the next day. Skip or add tomorrow.
Make Ahead: Assemble salad and do not stir. Refrigerate covered for up to 24 hours. Dress and toss before serving.
I prefer tomatoes on the vine as they taste good even in winter months.
Crumbled feta has caking agents, so it’s best to buy a chunk and crumble yourself.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.