30 minute pasta with ground turkey and broccoli cooked in one pot. You will repeat this healthy and kid friendly dinner again and again.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: One Pot
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 cups any short pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat large Dutch oven or pot on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes, breaking into pieces and stirring with spatula. Add pasta, water, salt and pepper; stir and level with spatula.
- Then cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes, checking after 10 minutes. Brown rice and any gluten free pasta cooks faster than wheat.
- When past is al dente (not too soft, so it doesn’t become a mush), turn off heat and add broccoli, tomato and garlic. Stir, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and Parmesan cheese, gently stir and serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I wouldn’t recommend to freeze it.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.