Ground Turkey Meatloaf with simple ketchup glaze is always a hit at our house. Juicy, healthy, easy and delicious comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add oats and milk. Stir and set aside to soak for 10 minutes while you are getting other ingredients ready.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, egg, onion, garlic, soaked oats, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Using your hands mix well to combine.
- Spray ceramic non-stick 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and transfer mixture into it. Level with spatula. You can also shape 1 meatloaf on lined baking sheet or 4 mini meatloaves.
- Bake single large meatloaf for 45 minutes or 4 mini meatloaves for 35 minutes. Meatloaf is ready when internal temperature is 160 degrees. Do not overbake, so meatloaf dries out.
- Remove from the oven and brush with ketchup. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve warm with mashed potatoes, Instant Pot mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze: I usually make 2 meatloaves. You can freeze cooked, cooled and sliced meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the microwave or simmer in a covered pot with a splash of water. I do not like to warm up meatloaf in the oven because it dries out.