How to make Easy Beef Stir Fry with vegetables and healthy beef stir fry sauce in 30 minutes. EVERYONE will love this healthy dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
Beef Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used Bragg liquid aminos)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Beef Stir Fry:
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into quarters
- 9 oz snap (snow) peas
- 3/4 cup cashews, unsalted
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 3 large green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together Beef Stir Fry Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a wok, toast cashews on medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to high heat and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add beef and cook until brown and crispy, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Move beef to a side of the wok and add remaining sesame oil, bell pepper, zucchini and snap peas to the centre of the wok. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cashews, pour sauce and stir. Cook stir fry until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened, about 3 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with green onion and serve hot over brown rice, quinoa or noodles of choice.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 24 hours.
“Stir fry” means to cook small pieces of food quickly on high heat and stirring constantly. So make sure all beef stir fry ingredients are prepped before you light the stove.
Use well-preheated wok.
My favourite oil to use for stir frying is toasted sesame oil because it’s so Asian, and so is stir fry.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.