This Healthy Breakfast Casserole is delicious, easy and has no bread. Make ahead for a crowd, meal prep or clean out the fridge. This egg bake is veggie, protein and flavor packed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: North American
- 3 sausage links or 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, diced
- 4 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup any cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sausage, potatoes and bell peppers into the dish spreading evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies. Sprinkle with red onion and cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into 8 slices and enjoy warm or cold.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate assembled and covered with plastic wrap casserole for up to 2 days. Bake as per recipe directly from the fridge.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prep. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- You can use all egg whites. 12 eggs = 3 cups.
- For meat, use chopped bacon, sauteed or not.
- Cooked ground turkey, chicken or beef would work as well.
- Replace or add some of bell pepper with up to 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (brown ones have more flavor).
- Add a few handfuls of spinach, kale or swiss chard to an egg mixture.
- Make spicy by adding hot sauce or red pepper flakes to an egg mixture.
- Add a can of diced green chiles for Mexican version.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.