No mayo or bacon cause heart healthy, easy and tasty broccoli salad is here. With cranberries, toasted nuts and seeds, and easy yogurt dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook + Stove
- Cuisine: North American
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup favourite nuts, chopped (I used pecans)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt (2%+ fat)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion flakes or powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add broccoli, pepper, raisins, yogurt, vinegar, onion flakes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat large skillet on low-medium heat, add nuts and seeds; toast until browned a bit and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add to the bowl with other ingredients, stir and adjust peppers to taste if necessary.
Store: Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
Double the recipe for a potluck. Add a cup of cooked chicken one time – you will be glad you did.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.