15 Minute Healthy Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe without cream or roasting the cauliflower, and with a heat kick. It’s amazing on a chilly day!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups any stock, low sodium
- 2 cups any milk (I used sweetened cashew)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 14 oz can chickpeas (rinsed & drained) or 1 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- Blue cheese crumbles, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Preheat medium size pot on medium heat and swirl butter to coat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower and carrots; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and milk; stir, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are knife tender.
- Remove from heat and add hot sauce and garlic powder. Using an immersion blender puree until smooth.
- Add chickpeas or corn and stir. Serve hot garnished with blue cheese crumbles (so good!) and green onion.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.