Easy, low fat Healthy Chicken Salad that is a must for hot summer days, lunches and quick dinner. It’s also low in calories and sodium but big on flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: North American
- 1 lb (3 cups) cooked chicken, cubed
- 3/4 cup (3 large) celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley or dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (2+% fat)
- 1/4 cup mayo (I used avocado oil mayo)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp any vinegar (except balsamic)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, add pecans and toast on low-medium heat until fragrant and brown-ish, stirring often. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool a bit and chop coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, add toasted pecans, chicken, celery, onion, parsley, yogurt, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir gently to mix and adjust salt to taste if necessary.
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours as salad tastes best cold. Serve with greens, quinoa, brown rice or make a chicken salad sandwich with whole wheat bread.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.