Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, fluffy, packed with pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips for a crowd pleasing treat. It is fall baking must do!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 10 seconds.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, avocado oil, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk until combined.
- Add spelt or whole wheat flour and stir gently just enough to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add almost all chocolate chips and give a few more gentle stirs to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and level gently with spatula. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes our until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 30 minutes.
- Holding onto the flaps of parchment paper remove chocolate chip pumpkin bread from a loaf pan and let it cool almost completely before slicing. Cut into 10 slices with serrated bread knife.
Store: Store covered in a cool dry place for up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Freezing: Bake, cool and place in a resealable Ziploc bag. Let out air as much as you can, seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on a counter and enjoy!