Healthy Cobb Salad with greens, veggies, bacon, eggs, blue cheese and healthy light dressing. So much flavor and yet healthy!
- Make the dressing: In a small jar with lid add yogurt or buttermilk, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir with a fork or shake the jar well. Set aside.
- Cook chicken: I usually use leftovers of Instant Pot Frozen Chicken recipe, baked chicken breast, grilled chicken breast or even rotisserie chicken (“hello”, real life).
- Cook corn: Grill without husk turning slowly every few minutes, boil or I love Instant Pot corn in 2 minutes. You can also use thawed frozen corn.
- Cook bacon: Pan fry until crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Toast pumpkin seeds: Pan fry on low-medium after bacon (drain the fat from the skillet) until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Grill vegetables: Drizzle firm veggies like zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms with salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic powder to taste. Grill on medium heat until nice grill marks appear, turn and grill more.
- Assemble salad by combining all ingredients in a large bowl and drizzling with ranch dressing.
To Meal Prep: This is an order of layering salad in a jar to avoid soggy salad: dressing, grape tomato (uncut), corn, grilled veggies, greens, bacon, egg, pumpkin seeds. I would add avocado before consuming or skip. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Store: Refrigerate cobb salad all prepped in a bowl without the dressing for up to 3 days. Add avocado right before serving otherwise it will go brown. Dressing lasts for up to 1 week refrigerated in a separate jar.