Healthy Mac and Cheese in one pot in 15 minutes. Creamy, cheesy and flavorful and as healthy as it gets. No weird ingredients because life is short, friends.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: North American
- 3 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter, salted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard (condiment)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marble cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a medium pot, add broth, milk, butter, garlic powder, mustard, salt, ground black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente or desired firmness and adding more milk or broth if you wish.
- Turn off heat. Add marble cheese and Parmesan cheese in portions and stir between each until melted. That’s it.
- Serve immediately as mac and cheese tastes best fresh. Saucy, creamy and so comforting!
Store: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 day. To reheat simmer on low with a splash of milk and stirring.
- You can use any short pasta, white or gluten free Cooking time might differ especially GF pasta cooks faster.
- Shred cheeses while pasta is cooking to save on prep time.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.