Healthy Pasta Salad is a summertime must have for BBQ, potluck, picnic and pool parties. Tasty with simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove+Chop
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 8 oz whole grain pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb asparagus, green beans or snap peas
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as per package instructions undercooking by 2-3 minutes or until pasta is al dente, cooked but firm. While pasta is cooking, start chopping asparagus or green beans.
- Transfer cooked pasta to a large salad bowl. Add asparagus to pasta water and cook until it starts to boil. Remove immediately with a slotted spoon to a bowl with pasta.
- Add tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, parsley, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- In the meanwhile, in a large bowl add tomatoes, arugula, edamame, feta, mint, parsley and salt.
- If you have time, it’s best to let healthy pasta salad refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors “marry” each other. But you can serve it warm immediately or cold later.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 2 days.
The key to tasty pasta salad is to chop all ingredients into same small bite size pieces. Even olives.
Best pasta to use is small shaped pasta like elbow macaroni, bow ties and small penne. If using larger size pasta like rotini, keep add-ins chopped small.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.