Healthy Pumpkin Pie with easy whole wheat and almonds crust with a touch of avocado oil, and silky delicious pumpkin puree filling. Nothing complicated in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 9″ pie dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine Crust ingredients and mix with spatula, continuing with your hands until a ball of dough forms. If necessary, add more almond milk or flour, use your judgement.
- On a flat surface, roll out the crust until it’s large enough to cover the pie dish. First, flatten the dough ball with your hands and then use the rolling pin. Dust the dough with flour while rolling, and it might help to place it on a parchment paper half way through for easier rolling and moving.
- Transfer crust into the pie dish and mould to fit using your hands. Cut excess dough with kitchen scissors or knife, and make nice edges with a fork. *** Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a medium bowl, add eggs and whisk for 30 seconds. Add remaining Pumpkin Pie Filling ingredients and whisk really well. Pour into pre-baked crust, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let pumpkin pie cool completely (!!!) before slicing. Using serrated knife, cut into 8 slices and serve your favourite way.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days or freeze tightly wrapped in plastic for up to 3 months.
*Make your own by grinding raw almonds in a food processor. **If you prefer more of a custard type pie filling – use milk. For more pure pumpkin puree taste, skip the milk. ***Shape leftover crust into small round cookies and bake as well.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.