One of our most popular salad recipes! Corn, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado are simply dressed with a hint of lime.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking
- Cuisine: North American
- 3 ears of corn (2 cups corn kernels)
- 1 lb mini cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 lb grape/cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or regular size, chopped
- 3 medium-large avocados, cubed
- 3 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice of
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- To grill corn, remove it from the husk and grill on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Turn every 5 minutes.
- To cook corn in Instant Pot, add 1 cup water, trivet and as many corn as you can fit. Pressure cook on High Pressure for 2 minutes and then release pressure right away.
- If using frozen corn, run it in a colander under warm water for 1 minute and drain.
- Cut off cooked kernels from the cob by slicing them with a chef’s knife. You will end up with strips of cooked corn.
- Add cooked corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado, green onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to a large salad bowl.
- Sir salad gently and serve cold with chicken, salmon or shrimp.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 1 day.
Make Ahead: Add all ingredients, except avocado, to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add diced avocado and stir right before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.