Healthy Taco Salad with ground turkey, veggies, greens, cheese and one simple ingredient that replaces unhealthy bottled dressing. It is easy, filling and a family favorite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 8 large servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 large container greens salad mix
- 14 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup any hard cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp onion powder/flakes
- 2 cups corn, cooked or thawed
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add salad greens, beans, tomato, avocado, tortilla chips and cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add turkey and cook for 5 minutes, constantly breaking into small pieces with spatula.
- Add 1 tbsp taco seasoning and onion flakes; cook for another 2 minutes, stirring a few times. Transfer to a salad bowl with other ingredients.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add corn. Cook for a few minutes undisturbed, sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning, stir and cook for another minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle yogurt on top and gently toss. Adjust salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Store: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days. Surprisingly, this healthy taco salad doesn’t become too soggy.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate all ingredients except chips, avocado and yogurt for up to 24 hours. Assemble right before serving.
- Greek yogurt is too thick to mix well with other ingredients. I used 2% plain yogurt.
- You can use Romaine lettuce, spinach or any greens in place of a salad mix.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.