Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is quick and easy with simple ingredients, creamy and cozy with warm spices pressure cooker soup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup and Stew
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: North American
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2″ cubes (9 cups)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 15 oz can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp ginger, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In Instant Pot, add butternut squash, onion, coconut milk, broth, curry powder, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High or Manual for 10 minutes.
- After display beeps and says OFF, soup is ready.
- Do Quick Release by turning pressure valve to Venting position.
- Open the lid and puree butternut squash soup with an immersion blender.
- Serve hot with whole grain toast and pumpkin seeds. So creamy!
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container or inner Instant Pot pot with a fitting glass lid for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.
You can substitute coconut milk with regular or almond milk but do not add it to Instant Pot to cook. Instead add 1 cup before pureeing.
For broth, I use organic vegetable bouillon cubes.
No Instant Pot? You can make this healthy butternut squash soup on the stove.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.