Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo made healthy with no heavy cream, whole wheat noodles and even veggies. This easy 25 minute weeknight dinner is a family favorite.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 2 cups stock, low sodium
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 11 oz whole wheat or gluten free fettuccine, linguine or spaghetti
- 1–2 cups cold 2% or 3.25% milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parsley, for garnish
- To Instant Pot, add chicken, stock, oil, salt and pepper.
- Break noodles in half and add criss cross in about 6 layers. It helps to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Close the lid and move pressure valve to Sealing, and press Pressure Cook on High for 8 minutes for all noodles except 5 minutes for gluten free noodles.
- Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting. Open the lid when safe to do so. It will be liquidy – do not worry.
- Press Saute.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup (chicken thighs) or 2 cups (chicken breast) of cold milk with cornstarch. Add to Instant Pot along with Parmesan cheese and garlic. Stir gently using tongs.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce starts to bubble and thickens.
- Add peas, gently stir and let chicken alfredo sit for a minute to melt the peas. If it is still a bit runny, you can let dish sit for another 5 minutes or so, it will thicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can adjust thickness of the sauce with more milk anytime. Do not freeze.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.