Easy one pot chicken and potatoes stew with no sauteing. Set and forget 10 minute prep healthy dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 large servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Ukrainian
- 2 lbs any chicken pieces (no need to cut or cube)
- 3 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig or 1 tbsp dried
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 small bunch dill, Italian parsley or green onion, finely chopped
- In Instant Pot, add chicken, potatoes, onion, carrots, rosemary, bay leaves, salt, pepper and water. Do not stir.
- Close the lid, turn pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High for 20 minutes.
- After Instant Pot has finished cooking, release pressure using Quick Release method by turning valve to Venting and open the lid.
- Add garlic and fresh herbs. Stir gently. I like to separate meat off the bone at same time. It helps to divide meat more evenly among the family members.
- Serve warm with our favourite addition of cucumber and tomato salad or a green smoothie recipe.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Make Ahead: In a large container with a lid or a bowl, add potatoes and pour water on top (prevents them from browning). Add remaining ingredients except herbs and garlic on top. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Transfer all the contents into a pressure cooker when ready and cook as per recipe’s instructions.
Kinds of chicken that works: thighs, breast, drumsticks, cut up whole chicken.
Substitute rosemary with dried oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning.
If you don’t have fresh herbs, still make this recipe. It will be good without them as well.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.