Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are the most easy tacos with fresh or frozen chicken breasts. 30 minute healthy dinner idea I promise will become your go-to!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 tacos 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 tbsp low sodium store bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 10–14 small corn or flour tortillas
- Diced avocado, tomato, red onion and shredded lettuce, fixings for serving
- Guacamole, cheese and yogurt, for serving (pick and choose)
- To any size Instant Pot, add chicken breasts, sprinkle with taco seasoning and add salsa on top.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High for 12 minutes for fresh or 15 minutes for frozen.
- Display will say ON, Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, you will see a bit of steam coming out from a release valve, then float pin will rise and countdown will begin.
- After release pressure right away by turning valve to Venting position, wait until the float pin drops down and open the lid.
- Remove chicken breasts into a medium bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup cooking liquid from Instant Pot and stir.
- Warm up tortillas on a hot skillet for 1 minute or so per side. Or directly on a gas burner.
- Assemble tacos with desired toppings.
Store: Refrigerate leftover shredded chicken (without toppings) in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Make sure frozen chicken pieces are separated – not one blob. It helps to place them in a bowl with hot water for 5 minutes.
- You can double the recipe and keep same cook time.
- Fresh salsa should work as well.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.